Fasten your seat belts America! These are not the cardboard tasting pretzels you’ve had at your local ballpark or movie theater. In Bavaria, Pretzels are the Holy Grail of baking, we take them as seriously as our Bier. We take pride in being 100% faithful to our centuries-old Bavarian recipe. You’ll absolutely love the combination of our just-right outer crunch and the inner fluffiness of these tasty gems. Not only will our pretzels make you happy at first bite, you’ll smile even bigger knowing they’re 100% all natural, no artificial anything in this precious cargo.
HOW TO CRAFT BAVARIAN STYLE
A perfectly baked Bavarian pretzel will be crispy brown on the outside, fluffy on the inside, and crunchy to perfection at first bite. However, if you are in a rush or do not have an oven handy, you may serve at room temperature. Prop & Peller pretzels are fully baked, you can just thaw and serve. Although you’ll be missing the crunch and the fluffiness, they are still delicious — even at room temperature! AVOID MICROWAVE AT ALL COST, Pretzels will dry out and get rubbery, and that’s just wrong.
HOW TO PREP
- Thaw pretzels at room temperature for 45 to 60 min
- Spray the pretzel with water or beer or brush with butter
- Preheat your oven to 375-400°. While it’s warming up, spray or brush your pretzel(s) with water or butter and then sprinkle them with the salt provided
- Sprinkle with pretzel salt , cinnamon sugar or other toppings
- Now we’re cookin’! Place pretzels directly on the oven rack or tray and bake for 5-8 minutes, depending on how much crust you want. Pretzels are ready to savor when the white cracks begin to brown.
- You can do a “crisp check” after 5 minutes by pressing your finger on the crust. Don’t hurt the pretzel! The pretzel skin should crack a little bit when you do. Now you’ll be able to enjoy the authentic Bavarian crispiness with the fluffy, airy inside that makes our pretzels so darn delicious.
Do not defrost (thaw) and refreeze. Do not reheat. Our Pretzels can be stored in the freezer for up to 90 days.
Ambient: use the same day.
Ingredients: Wheat Flour, Water, Salt, Yeast, Palm Oil, Malted Wheat Flour, Enzymes And Ascorbic Acid
Processed in a facility that uses egg, milk, soy, wheat.